Twinkle Cottage Day Nursery aims to:
- Provide a safe, happy, stimulating, fun and educational environment for all children.
- Provide an inclusive environment for all children regardless of age, cultural preference, race, family circumstances to learn, socialise, enjoy and achieve.
- Understand that parents and carers are the children’s first and most enduring educators and respect their wishes and views with regards to their child’s care and education.
- Continue to evaluate, monitor and improve our service to ensure that we meet the needs of all children and their families.
- Encourage all staff to undergo further training to gain higher qualifications in order to provide the highest quality of care and education.
We are committed to meeting the needs of families using the Nursery by:
- Having an open door policy where parents and carers are able to express any anxieties, concerns or complaints to management.
- Keeping families regularly informed of changes to policies and nursery happenings with regular newsletters.
- Welcoming parents and carers into the setting to become involved in special activity days or fundraising events.
- Offering parents and carers the opportunity to meet anytime with their child’s key person to discuss any aspect of their child's development.
- Providing parents and carers with daily verbal feedback to inform them of their child’s progress.
Twinkle Cottage Day Nursery is committed to ensuring high quality childcare by:
- Carrying out carefully planned, innovative Learning Experiences with all children, differentiated to meet each child’s individual needs.
- Employing practitioners that are experienced, compassionate and committed to the ethos of the Nursery.
- Offering a completely inclusive environment where all children and families can feel welcome without fear of discrimination.
- Maintaining and developing practitioner knowledge of childcare through in house training and carefully selected courses through Portsmouth City Council.
- Ensuring that the Nursery environment in maintained; kept clean, tidy and safe through vigorous daily risk assessment.
- Providing children with carefully planned Learning Experiences, tailored to meet individual needs.
- Ensuring that practitioners give children opportunities to extend their learning.
- Using observations of children to plan for their indoor and outdoor environments.
Do you have any questions?
Please contact us on +44 2392/828888 or use our contact form.